Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Divine Miss Dahl

Most kids who love reading would have read some of Roald Dahl's books. My favourite was "The Witches" which was deliciously scary to me.

Fast forward a couple of generations, and his grandaughter Sophie is also making her way in the literary field. I enjoyed her first novel "Playing with the Grownups"  very much indeed. Whimsical and fairytale-ish, it has everything I love in a holiday read. Now I know that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but the cover is just so lovely, I will confess it's why I bought it in the first place!




She has recently launched a new cookbook full of gorgeous food and stories to go with them : "Miss Dahl's Voluptous Delights" and it is truly spectacular. I really love that it's about the art of good eating, and in her anecdotes about the recipes her love of food, family and the seasons just shine through. She's a total girls' girl, and I love that there is a book out there enabling us to go and make our cakes and eat them too!




Put it on your Christmas wish list and celebrate!




No comments:

Post a Comment