Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Lazy Days-a-long

When one of my twitter buddies One Crafty Mumma decided to have a five day online sew-a-long making the Oliver + S 'Lazy Days' skirt, how could I refuse? It would make me attack that pile of fabric that's been haunting me for a while now. So all this week for five days there are about 70 lovely ladies making skirts all over the place!


I'm a bit of a procrastinator and I like to do things properly so it took me a day to get organised. Cleaning the house, (can you honestly do crafty stuff when the house is a mess?) setting up my sewing station (kitchen table - no craft room in a 1 bedroom apartment - booo!), and making ginger bikkies to get me through.


So we're all set up....



The tea has brewed (in my favourite Charles and Camilla commemorative wedding mug) and the bikkies ready to munch.......




And we're ready to sew the first skirt!

Using the other panel of 'La Vie Jolie' fabric from my favourite Japanese fabric house Kokka, and some gorgeous brown velvet ribbon, we rustled it up in less than half an hour. It's not as 'twirly' as the skirt is supposed to be as it's not selvedge to selvedge, but I just love it. The fabric just makes me so happy. Now these skirts won't fit my darling girl for another two years, but they'll hang in her room as a decoration. The other half of the fabric was used a couple of weeks ago and the post is my very first one.





Here's a detail of the fabric below. LOVING pretty french ladies walking by the library and pastry shop!




I can't wait to make my next skirt this afternoon. Thanks for the inspiration Mel!

1 comment: